How to apply for TEMI Teacher of the Year:
From January of 2018, TEMI will select and announce its Teacher of the Year. This is our way of giving recognition to one dedicated TEMI teacher for his/her passion and diligence. The awardee will have met the following requirements of superior teaching:
* An active TEMI Member
* Attended at least two or more TEMI seminars
* Holding a TEMI certificate
* Demonstrating strong ability to foster excellence in English education as evidenced by ongoing contributions to the improvement of student learning and the learning environment
* Making a difference in his/her community by teaching English, using TEMI methods and ideology through positive learning experiences and activities for the students
* Demonstrating a strong commitment in creating a climate of caring and respect conducive to effective teaching and learning
* TEMI Teacher of the Year Certificate
* Announcements on TEMI website, TEMI Facebook and Little America website
* Press releases to local newspapers in awardee’s town/city (We can not guarantee the media will contact the awardee.)
* 10,000 yen credit coupon for Little America Mail Order
* Letter of Appreciation and Recognition for awardee’s school
Selection Committee: Sohei & Helene Uchida, TEMI National Coordinator
& TEMI Board Members
Next year’s recipient will be announced January, 2018.
Good luck; it could be YOU!
How do I apply?
There are two ways:
1. You can fill out the following application form and send it to us as an attachment via email:
If you are nominating a colleague, you should fill out the application for them.
2. You can print it out and send it to us via mail:
Chuo-ku, Fukuoka 810-0033
Your application and REGISTRATION fee of 2,000 yen must be received by December 5, 2017.
Please transfer your payment to: Eigokyojuho Kenkyukai
1) Nishinippon City Bank, Ozasa Branch Saving account 1057062
2) Yucho Bank, Symbol 17490 Number 19503301
Nonprofit Organization Teaching English Method Institute 3-6-21 Ozasa, Chuo-ku Fukuoka, Japan 810-0033
If you have any questions, please contact our TEMI National
Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.