It is with pleasure and admiration that TEMI announces it 2018 TEMI Teacher of the Year.
Tetsuko Nishimura is the owner of Sunny 5 English in Osaka and has been a creative and dedicated teacher for the past ten years. We first met Tetsuko at a TEMI Seminar in Osaka five years ago. We were so moved by her enthusiasm, diligence and passion for teaching that Sohei and I decided to visit her school on our next trip to Osaka. We met her students and clearly recognized that they were her mirror; in their eyes we could sense their respect for her and their passion for English. If you look at the lead picture of the video on Little America’s website, you can see for yourself the enthusiasm of her students. Tetsuko also attended our TEMI In-house the summer of 2016. Our students were enchanted with her.
Tetsuko has met the following requirements of superior teaching:
- An active TEMI member
- Attended at least two or more TEMI seminars
- Holding a TEMI certificate
- Demonstrating strong ability to foster excellence in English education as evidenced by ongoing contributions to the improvement of student learning and the learning environment
- Making a difference in his/her community by teaching English, using TEMI methods and ideology through positive learning experiences and activities for the students
- Demonstrating a strong commitment in creating a climate of caring and respect conducive to effective teaching and learning
- TEMI Teacher of the Year Certificate
- Announcement in TEMI enewsletter, TEMI website, TEMI Facebook and Little America website
- Press releases to local newspapers in awardee’s town/city (We can not guarantee the media will contact the awardee.)
- 10,000 yen credit coupon for Little America Mail Order
- Letter of Appreciation and Recognition for awardee’s school