Natsumi Fujimoto is a public school junior high school teacher in Kurume. Natsumi has attended six TEMI Teaching Seminars and holds a TEMI 3rd carat-teaching certificate. She successfully completed the University of California, Irvine’s Teaching English as a Foreign Language Program a few summers ago. She is passionate about motivating and encouraging adolescents to approach the study of English as an adventure that can open many doors for them in the future. We recognize Natsumi for her vision, dedication, passion and diligence.
She has met the following requirements of superior teaching:
- An active TEMI member
- Attended at least two or more TEMI seminars
- Holding a TEMI certificate
- Demonstrating strong ability to foster excellence in English education as evidenced by ongoing contributions to the improvement of student learning and the learning environment
- Making a difference in his/her community by teaching English, using TEMI methods and ideology through positive learning experiences and activities for the students
- Demonstrating a strong commitment in creating a climate of caring and respect conducive to effective teaching and
- TEMI Teacher of the Year Certificate
- Announcement in TEMI e-newsletter, TEMI website, TEMI Facebook and Little America website
- Press releases to local newspapers in awardee’s town/city
- 10,000 yen credit coupon for Little America Mail Order
- Letter of Appreciation and Recognition for awardee’s school
Congratulations to Natsumi for her dedication and expertise.
Wishing Natsumi and all our TEMI teachers a wonderful New Year!