Eriko Sugata, a truly active and enthusiastic TEMI teacher, is the recipient of TEMI’s Teacher of the Year award for 2022. Eriko has attended many TEMI seminars and puts her heart and soul into all her lessons at her school. Her students adore her and reflect her enthusiasm back to her with effervescent smiles.
She has met the following requirements of superior teaching:
* An active TEMI member
* Attended at least two or more TEMI seminars
* Holding a TEMI certificate
* Demonstrating strong ability to foster excellence in English education as evidenced by ongoing contributions to the improvement of student learning and the learning environment
* Making a difference in his/her community by teaching English, using TEMI methods and ideology through positive learning experiences and activities for the students
* Demonstrating a strong commitment in creating a climate of caring and respect conducive to effective teaching and learning
* TEMI Teacher of the Year Certificate
* Announcement on TEMI website, TEMI Facebook and Little America website
* Press releases to local newspapers in awardee’s town/city
* 10,000 yen credit coupon for Little America Book Store
* Letter of Appreciation and Recognition for awardee’s school
to Eriko for her dedication and expertise.
Wishing Eriko and all our TEMI teachers a wonderful 2022 school year!